Copying Custom Objects from another copy of FrameForge
If you've added non-standard objects or textures to your previz file, you must make sure to give those objects and textures along with the file in order to open that previz file on another computer without errors.
To do so,
- Open the previz file that uses all the objects/textures you need to transfer.
- Go to the FILE Menu
- Choose EXPORT then EXPORT NON-STANDARD OBJECTS AND TEXTURES as shown below.
If the open file uses anything non-standard, then it will display a list of all Required Objects and Required Texures needed to open this file as well as any required Expansion Packs, such as shown in the image below:
- Assuming it does use some of either, click Create Custom "CPACK" file
- Make sure you give the resulting .CPACK along with the previz file and instruct whomever is going to open this file that they need to:
- Open their copy of FrameForge
- Go to TOOLS menu
- Choose INSTALL EXPANSION PACK...
- Select the supplied .CPACK file and select OK to install it.
- Assuming they have all the required Expansion Packs installed, they should now be able to open the previz file without errors